I thought it was probably time for me to share a little bit more about myself . . .the little things that make me who I am. The people who already know me will not be surprised because I am pretty transparent. Hopefully, they will read it anyway. If you don’t know me, here goes! 10 Things You Did or Didn’t Know About Me!
1. I love old TV shows. My current favorite is Perry Mason. I am in the process of ordering all of the episodes on DVD. Yeah, we like it that much.
2. My favorite beverage is Coke. I have to start my day with a fountain Coke. I only drink Diet Coke in times of distress, like when my jeans don’t fit.
3. I am a chocoholic! It should be a food group. Then, I would be happy.
4. My favorite shoes are Skechers Go Walks. I have a few different pairs and they are my every day shoe!
5. I used to be a teacher and dressed up every day. Now, I’m retired with my husband and my outfit of choice is comfy jeans and baggy t shirts. We might be a little sloppy but we are comfortable. Life is good.
6. We have a Westie named Lucy. She. Runs. Our. House.
7. Our favorite way to vacation is . . .cruising! I think we have been on 12 cruises so far. Maybe another one coming up . . .
8. I would talk to my son who lives a few hours away,
every day a couple of times a day, if I could. But I can’t, because that’s too much. I know that. That’s hovering. But, sometimes I can’t help myself. (Can any of you moms out there relate to this?) I can tell when this is happening because, well- maybe my calls will start to go to voicemail. 😉 It’s okay. I get it. I need to chill out! (Note to self : remember to take your Zoloft daily.) Thankfully, his darling wife loves me and puts up with me really well! LOL
9. In addition to that kid above, I have 3 older step kids who, in total make me a grandma of 9! Yay! It’s fun and keeps us busy! We try to be really involved with the youngest kids because the older ones, well, they don’t really want to hang out with grown ups a lot. It’s okay. That’s normal! The “littles” still think we are pretty cool and fun and we are enjoying it while we can!
10. I’m married to my best friend! Really, it’s true. I know some people say that or think that and you don’t believe it, but for us it is real. Mr. Robin’s Nest and I really, truly enjoy each other’s company over everything else. I think I am the luckiest girl in the world! (Okay, I’m pushing 50, so not really a “girl” but it’s all a state of mind, right?)
Thanks for stopping by today! Don’t forget to check out a few other posts and subscribe to our newsletter!